Suddenly weeks have passed, and I have failed to write about ANY of the things I could have written about. Of course, the thought of trying to catch everyone up makes me panic to the point of becoming unable to write anything at all which leads, in turn, to the guilt of failing to entertain you with my witty stories about (let's be honest here) practically nothing. To avoid all of that, this year I have decided to use bullet points to give you a list of the things that might have been worth writing about had I actually had my act together for two seconds.
- The kids got pictures with Santa not once but TWICE this year (which is good because we completely failed to pull that off last year, and because this year the FIRST time they saw him Ren FORGOT TO TURN ON THE AUTOFOCUS ON HIS CAMERA EVEN THOUGH I'M PRETTY SURE THAT'S WHY WE BOUGHT THAT CAMERA TO BEGIN WITH).
- When Santa asked Sky what he wanted for Christmas, he replied, and I quote: "That's okay. I'm gooooood."
- It turns out that being ten at our house means you don't want anything from Santa, you're old enough to stay up late on Christmas Eve and work like a proper elf, AND you're finally tall enough to shovel snow effectively. Who knew?
- Pink got a dollhouse for Christmas. It is taller than she is and probably should have been put together first, when we were all still fresh and full of energy from Santa's cookies (and not last, after midnight well after we'd come crashing off of our sugar high). Maybe next time I will look at the specs before ordering. It WAS on sale, so there's that.
- Hiding mini cupcakes on top of the refrigerator in the back behind the gallon of distilled water and the cast iron tea pot STILL doesn't prevent our resident three-year-old night crawler (well, technically 4:30-in-the-dang-morning crawler) from finding and consuming them, leaving crumbs all over the house AND causing himself to have both a rash AND diarrhea.
- Stow constantly and consistently makes the antics of his brother and sisters pale in comparison to the things he does when given 30 seconds of no one watching.
- Pink managed to lose both top front teeth in time for Christmas which led to a morning of watching this video over and over again. There's something oddly but satisfyingly addictive about this. Though I couldn't tell you what.
- It's our second winter up north, and I still haven't figured out how to use the snow blower without blowing 90% of the snow right back into my face and onto the path I've just cleared. Every time I finish doing the driveway, I look a lot like this guy:
|Image credit: http://www.wayfair.com|
- I'm thinking about starting a gofundme campaign for one of these snow thrower cabs. Who's in?
Okay, I'm sure there was more, but that's what I've got for now. Happy New Year, you guys! Here's hoping for better blogging in 2015.