I've learned over the years that the key to creating effective new year's resolutions is to dream big and aim low. With that in mind, I came up with the following list of goals for 2013:
1. No one in my family will have back surgery.
2. I will win my battles with Comcast, the insurance company, and any repairmen I might encounter over the next year.
3. My regular cooking cycle will expand beyond fried rice, omu rice,* miso soup, Japanese curry, and various types of spaghetti.
4. We will go gluten free.
5. I will consistently remember where I put my wallet, and Ren will remember where he put his glasses.
6. We will take a family vacation because no one will have surgery or be hospitalized or get seriously ill repeatedly. I mean, honestly, when your preschooler declares a picnic by the river "the best vacation ever" and believes she can see "the whole wide world" from the top of a very mediocre hill, you know it's time to pack everyone up and get a move on.
7. I will successfully convince Pink P she's too young to have a boyfriend.
8. I might drink less Diet Coke....Then again, maybe I won't.
9. My children will learn to sleep later than 6 a.m., even (especially!) during Day Light Savings time.
10. I'll keep blogging, even if it doesn't make me rich. Or famous.
* Omu is short for omelette and omu rice is tomato-based chicken fried rice inside an egg like an omelette. Click here for link to a picture.